Dr. Waleed Salman
Chairman - Dubai Green Economy Partnership
Dr. Waleed Salman has gained more than 19 years of experience in the Energy Sector; specifically Electricity and Water. His career began in the Federal Electricity and Water Authority (FEWA) in 1992 as an Electrical Engineer. After many years of development, in 2007 he became Deputy General Manager for Technical Affairs in FEWA; furthermore, he was assigned by UAE Electricity Interconnection High Committee to handle the Emirates National Grid Project. This project interconnected all UAE Electrical networks into one single grid and was successfully completed in 2008.
In 2009, he was assigned as a member of the Supreme Council of Energy of Dubai a council which undertakes all Energy activities for the Emirate of Dubai. That same year Dr. Salman was also appointed to lead Strategy & Business Development as Executive Vice President for handling strategic projects, DEWA Strategic Plans, DEWA bylaws and internal Regulation as well as seeking for new potential business opportunities for DEWA. Dr. Salman also holds several other positions in key energy-related organizations and companies in Dubai and the UAE.
- Executive Vice President – Strategy & Business Development (DEWA)
- Member of Dubai Supreme Council of Energy
- Vice Chairman – Dubai Nuclear Energy Committee
- Director – Emirates National Grid Project(UAE)
- Chairman – Dubai Carbon Center of Excellence
- Vice Chairman – Etihad Energy Service Co.
- Vice Chairman – Mai Dubai